There are several late-hours pharmacies in Borås and some supermarkets that have a range of non-prescription medicines. The pharmacies closest to the hospital are as follows:
- Borås: Juwelen pharmacy is located in the main entrance of SÄS Borås.
- Skene: Kronans Droghandel pharmacy in Skene is at Varbergsvägen 71, opposite the hospital.
- Borås: The SÄS library lends out books, films, music, audio books, etc. You can read newspapers, magazines, surf the internet and so on in a calm and relaxing environment. Patients staying at the hospital can order books, films and other media.
- Skene: There is a book service on Floor 1. Patients can enter the room with staff by arrangement.
There is a free wireless network, VGR Public, in parts of the hospital. Everyone is responsible for keeping to the rules for using this network. You can surf the internet at the following places in the hospitals:
- Borås VGR Public is available in the main entrance and the entrance to the rehab building. In Tehuset (units accessible via lift E) it is available in all the patient rooms and in the patient hotel. In the rest of the hospital it is mainly available in the corridors.
- Skene VGR Public is available in the cafeteria, the waiting room at the department of medicine and in wards with wireless networks, mainly in the corridors.
You are allowed to use mobile phones, tablets and laptops in most places in the hospital, with the exception of places where they could interfere with technical equipment. The staff will decide what applies in each ward.
Food and drink
Café and shop on Glasgatan, Borås
The café and shop are in the main entrance of the hospital. You can have coffee and cake or eat a light meal here, as well as buy postcards, sweets, hygiene articles etc. Glasgatan also sells ready meals to take away.
Café Samariten, Borås
The café and lunch restaurant Samariten is by the entrance to the rehab centre at entrance 10. You can eat lunch of the day here from the same supplier as the café in the main entrance, Glasgatan.
Cafeteria and kiosk, Skene
The cafeteria and kiosk are in the main entrance. You can have coffee and cake or eat a light meal here, as well as buy postcards, sweets, hygiene articles etc. If you need cash, you can withdraw some here on your credit card. Open on weekdays.
Restaurants in Borås and Skene
The restaurants are open to everyone and serve meals of the day, soups and salad buffets and some café food. It is also possible to take your own food here to eat.
In the main entrance of SÄS Borås there is a historical exhibition of medicine. One part consists of objects and facts about healthcare in the past, and another part is a historical medical reference library. There is a unique travelling pharmacy from the 18th century: a wooden box with glass jars, bottles and a prescription book.
There is an ATM in the main entrance of the Borås hospital. ICA Bank, which installed the machine, does not charge you for taking out cash there. Your own bank may charge you, however. In addition to the ICA bank card, you can withdraw cash with Visa, Electron, Plus, MasterCard, Maestro, Cirrus and Swedbank's national bank cards.
There is a hospital church if you want to talk to someone when you feel worried, or want help with Bible reading or worship. The hospital church is there for both patients and close family/friends. If you wish to contact your congregation, another communion or another religion, the hospital church can mediate.
Parents of children in hospital, relatives of very ill patients and patients undergoing special treatment are allowed to stay and spend the night at the hospital. Talk with the staff and they will give you advice.